Complete the Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Online Application now to determine your benefits. Be sure to list which of the following program(s) you are interested in pursuing at California Miramar University.
Step 1 is to create an account, Step 2 is to submit an application. It usually takes 30 days or shorter to process.
Determining Transfer Credit Eligibility: In order to find out how many transfer credits you have, please order your military transcripts using the link below that applies to your service; or contact an Admissions Representative at (858) 653-3000 x10 or [email protected]
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members.
Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process’ and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services.
Additionally active duty members may elect to use the MGIB “top-up” in addition to their service provided TA to cover high cost courses.
• ACE (American Council on Education)
• DANTES External (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
• Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program
• SOC (Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges)
• VA Approved – The Principles of Excellence Program
It’s been said, “The hardest job in the military is that of the spouse and dependents.” CMU supports military families and the front line support they provide to our service members.
The Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides a lifetime benefit of up to $4,000 of Financial Assistance (FA) for military spouses who are pursuing licenses, certificates, credentials or degree programs leading to employment in Portable Career Fields. California Miramar University participates in MyCAA.
To Get Started:
Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA Web site https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa
Select “Search Programs” and type in California Miramar University to view the programs eligible for MyCAA or contact California Miramar University Admissions Office for assistance.
California Miramar University is GI Bill® Approved
The following programs are eligible for VA benefits:
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Strategic Leadership
- Doctor of Business Administration
Military Education Unit Pledge
CMU’s dedicated Military Education Unit (MEU) is made up of a dedicated team who understand military life and the challenges it can bring. Our devoted team has a close relationship with base commands, housing, and many other resources. Our military students can appreciate the support, personal touch and sensitivity to their unique needs and aspirations. Our pledge to each dedicated service member and their families is that CMU is committed to your education, your career and your personal endeavors.
CMU’s Commitment to Military Students
- Support during deployments and other Military related life changes
- Support for spouses and dependents
- Special attention to Military financing needs
- Provide convenient and accessible classroom and online learning environments
- Available for one-on-one assistance anytime you need us