• Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Leadership, Alliant International University, 2018
• Master of Art in Human Resource Management, Webster University, 2002
• Bachelor of Art in Business Administration, Florida A & M University, 2000
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Organizational and Strategic Leadership
Military Logistics and Procurement
Human Resource Management
My name is Patrick Caze and I am a New York City native who enjoyed a 20-year career in the Marine Corps prior to venturing off into the corporate world. While in the military I was a forward- thinking professional with wide ranging and comprehensive formal training in logistics and supply distribution management. A majority of my responsibilities dealt with the staffing and training of the Marines throughout the Marine Corps. I was part of the management team that planned out the manpower necessary for each unit to be functional and operational. Upon my retirement, I worked for Toyota, Wells Fargo, and CareFusion in various capacities to include sales, business development, facilitating open lines of communications between departments, and investment analyst. I have a demonstrated and proven ability to lead personnel, plan, organize, execute multi-dimensional logistics, supply distribution, and manage programs to a successful completion allows me to maintain my unique perspective on team dynamics and leadership styles. I have also owned a number of business ventures in which I had to calculate and manage federal/state taxes, payroll, and sales commission.
I possess a Bachelors in Business, a Masters in Human Resource Management, and a PhD in Organizational Leadership. I have always had a passion for learning which inspired my love of teaching. I garner great satisfaction knowing that I am contributing to student’s success and they are gaining life long knowledge. Education is important to me because it gives me an opportunity to learn from others. Gaining insight and trying to understand others is important. Knowing how others view the world helps me to better appreciate the wonderful things that are out there. I enjoy learning and sharing experiences from each student I have had the privilege to come in contact with.
• Master of Fine Arts, Writing: Fiction, Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, CA, 2010
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Writing for Film & Television, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA, 2005
• Under Color of Law (Oct 2021), Thomas & Mercer
• The Furious Way (May 2019), Shotgun Honey Books
• The Science of Paul: A Novel of Crime (Jun 2018), Shotgun Honey Books
• A Healthy Fear of Man: A Paul Little Novel (Jun 2018), Shotgun Honey Books
• The Big Click Magazine, Publication (2016): “My Mother’s Keeper” (Short Story Contribution)
• Hollis, P.I. story contribution: “Twilight of El Perro” (Dec 2014), Pro Se Press
• Doctorate in Business Administration with emphasis in International Business and Applied Science Management from San Diego-Argosy University
• Master of Science in Global Leadership, Business Administration, Leadership and Geopolitics, University of San Diego
Dr. Cruz is a medical researcher and healthcare professional with 25 years of multi- disciplinary success in medical research environment and clinical environments providing leadership and guidance over 70 multinational large-scale clinical trials in different therapeutic areas, including but not limited to immunology, pain management, cardiovascular disease and endocrinology. Dr. Cruz has a history of successful large-scale program management and development, in a multicultural and international setting, particularly Europe, developing and maintaining impeccable client relations including Big Pharma, Biotechnology and CROs.
Dr. Cruz leads the clinical operation of the organization. She holds the operational execution of every clinical trial to high ethical standards, accounting for the feasibility assessment process of phase I-IV trials, selection and oversight of the management research team, site selection, patient recruitment, vertical marketing strategies and quality assurance of the conduction of every clinical program. She is successful in identifying program weaknesses, maintaining critical path schedules, program service delivery, program and corporate training in academic and corporate environments; remote team management, organization and resource management.
Dr. Cruz contributes to strategic business development by evaluating the sponsor’s unique needs and provides flexible innovative solutions, aiming to the execution of cost effective program, by adhering to budgets and by helping the clients to manage program timelines effectively.
In addition to technical protocol development, as the director of the vascular laboratory of the maternal fetal medicine department at Baylor College of Medicine, Dr. Cruz participated in technical focus groups, for the development and improvement of intracranial blood flow medical devices. Since 1992 she has held respected leading positions in the medical research field at a national and international level, receiving several honors.
Dr. Cruz, as a co-author, has published scientific journal articles in intracranial hemodynamic, testing the safety and efficacy of several drugs on arterial vasomotor response. Recently, she completed her research on the use of Bio-Identical Hormones and its impact in the healthcare system. As a professor for higher education, she teaches PhD and MBA candidate coursework in conflict resolution, international business management, organizational leadership and essentials of negotiations for California Miramar University. Dr. Cruz holds a doctorate in Business Administration with emphasis in International Business and Applied Science Management from San Diego-Argosy University, a Masters in Science in Global Leadership from the University of San Diego, and a Bachelor in Science in Human Biology from San Diego State University.
• Ph.D., Major in Computer Technology: Teaching and Leadership integrated with Computer Technology Minor in Computer Science, GIS, Mathematics, University of Kansas, 2001
• Master of Arts, Major in Computer Technology: Teaching and Leadership integrated with Computer Technology Minor in Computer Science, GIS, Mathematics, University of Kansas, 1996
• Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science Minor in Chemistry and Mathematics
Educational experiences: Associate Professor, School of Management and Medical Information Science, University of Medical Science 2011-Aug 2018, teaching classes for Bachelor, Master, Ph. D in Research Methods, Computer Programming, DBMS, Information System, E-Learning, and more Adjunct Faculty, College of Business Administration, Department of Management Information System, California State University at San Marcus. August 2018- present. Teaching MIS courses and advising Senior Experience projects. Consultant/Trainer, Microsoft Gold partner, Quilogy Company, Consulting and Training Company.
Research experiences: Researcher, Conducting several independent researches, California State University at San Marcos,2018-Present. Researcher, Kansas Geological Survey, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, working on ARC/ INFO, ArcView, AML, SQL, GIS, UNIX, producing map in several projects. Researcher, Kansas Collaborative Research Network Organization (KANCRN)
Certificates: Earned, MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer) MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
Programming with a variety of languages
Developing Management Information System
Developing Geographic Information System
Educational Software Developer
Over the course of a 20-year career as an associate professor at the School of Management and Medical Information Science, with 6 years of experience as the departmental head, I have developed skills directly related to my field of education, including but not limited to conducting and investigating a variety of research topics with very in-depth interpretations and complex data and information analysis. As a result, I have published around 100 articles in the field of Information Technology, GIS, Education, and Social Sciences. Also, as a Programmer and a Trainer at Microsoft, holding Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT and MCSD certificates, I taught students aged 24 through 70 years old, all from a diverse array of backgrounds. Furthermore, I have been coordinating and managing department activities, evaluating/developing major-related curriculum, utilizing computer-related software applications, computer programming, presenting training sessions and workshops for employees/clients.
• MBA in Information Technology Management (ITM), (Summa cum laude), Tehran University, Tehran, Iran, 2004 – 2007
• BSBA in Industrial Management (Summa cum laude), Tehran University, Tehran, Iran, 2000 – 2004
Information Technology Systems Management
IT business plan and Marketing plan
Analysis of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) using Service Oriented Architecture
CMU’s Chief Information Officer, Ms. Farnaz Gorjian, MBA in Information Technology from Tehran University, Iran, has more than 14 years of experience in different positions ranging from system/business analyst to project manager in National as well as International projects. She has held managerial positions in high-tech companies where she has acquired the required critical-thinking skills of making quick decisions in difficult situations. She is a qualified expert in Business Process Modeling as well as in Mega Project Management. Her research interests revolve around the role of service-oriented architecture human interaction in the management of large organizations. She also is a Certified Advanced Pranic Energy Healer which enables her to leverage this knowledge of wellness and energy to create balance in any work environment. She is inherently endowed with a strong interpersonal skill that has been amplified further through her Spiritual Healing Training. She is keen on furthering these capabilities in applied corporate culture research within the larger context of Human Sciences in both physical as well as mental health. She implements a balanced approach in dealing with Human Capitals in any organization towards effective and sustainable human-centric management. The followings are a brief review of her qualifications:
• She ranked first (Summa cum laude) in both her Bachelor and MBA degrees in University of Tehran, Iran.
• She performed her MBA research about “Implementation analysis of modern Service Oriented Architecture approach in public service sector towards the creation of applied guidelines”.
• She has been involved in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations as an analyst for different enterprise level companies in the Middle East.
• She has held an Executive position in ASHNA professional services group (the largest IT professional services group in the country) for 9 years.
Her Fields of Expertise are Information Technology Systems management, IT business plan and Marketing plan, PMBOK, Design, and analysis of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) using Service Oriented Architecture approach (Especially as a concept in organization structure). She plays a very unique complimentary role within the construct of CMU’s Leadership.
• PhD in Industrial Engineering, Iran university of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2012
• MS in Industrial Engineering, Iran university of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2005
• BS in Industrial Engineering, Amirkabir University, Tehran, Iran, 2003
Finance: Portfolio Optimization, Asset Liability Management, Derivative Pricing
Stochastic Process and Programming.
Dr. Maryam Hassanlou is the Chair, Master of Science in Computer Information Systems. Dr. Maryam Hassanlou earned her PhD in Industrial Engineering with concentration in Finance in 2012. She has published more than 30 papers in the fields of finance, business and engineering. Her first book in “Stochastic Process in Finance” has published in July 2017.
Dr. Hassanlou has over than 10 years of experience in teaching in the departments of Engineering, Business and Management in the US and Iran. More over teaching she also experienced in the other fields of academic affair such as supervising graduate students in their dissertations, developing course plan and curriculum, conducting research foundations, lunching research journals and holding field workshops for students.
She joined California Miramar University in August, 2017, as an adjunct faculty. She teaches Data Mining, IT Project management, Business Statistics and Dissertation Process for DBA students. She was designated as a methodologist for DBA dissertation committee since 2017.
Along with academic experience, she always believes that theory needs to be tied with application, so she involved in many various positions in industry, such as manager of project planning and controlling department, project manager and senior advisor for some Business Process Design& Reengineering projects and involving in the team for Information Technology road mapping in Iran.
She is designated as Certified Wealth Manager by the Association of International Wealth Management (AIWM) from August 2017
• M.B.A.in Marketing, University of Illinois, IL
• B.S. in Business Management, Minor in Psychology, San Diego State University
• Human Resource Management Certificate, San Diego State University
• EdD, Fielding Graduate University Santa Barbara, California
• MBA, University of Phoenix, San Diego, California
• BA, Political Science, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
• BA, Public Communications, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
International Management and Leadership
Dr. Herring has worked in the academic sector for 20 years following business management experiences in international manufacturing, non-profit work and insurance. She has led many study abroad trips to Europe and an opportunity to start an orphanage in Rwanda 15 years ago shifted her focus to field work in Africa. Her dissertation topic was studying the micro economy of women’s start-ups in Kigali and her earned two fellowships for her work: Women’s Network of Gender Empowerment (WNGE) Research Fellowship and the Institute for Social Innovation Scholarship.
Paula serves on the board of directors for Survivors of Torture, International and the Tariq Khamisa Foundation. She is an active member of the San Diego Diplomacy Council hosting guests in her home from all around the world and has visited over 50 countries.
Other interests include opera, theatre and supporting the arts. Paula is a cyclist, runner and certified yoga instructor, also. She very much enjoys working with students at CMU and learns from them each time she teaches.
• Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership, University of Phoenix.
• Administrative Services Credential, National University, San Diego, CA.
• Master of Science, Financial Management, Naval Post-Graduate School, Monterey, CA. (Distinguished Graduate).
• Master of Arts, National Security Affairs, Naval War College, Newport, RI.
• Bachelor of Science, Physics, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD.
Finance, including Investments and Corporate Strategy
High Performance Business Concepts and Strategy
Budgeting at various levels
Leadership in Various Environments
Seamanship, including Navigation
Naval Engineering and Ship Weapon Systems
A retired Navy Commander, and now a finance and economics professor; I have a varied background in both practical experience and academic studies. After graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy, I spent my career in the surface line Navy; sea tours included experience at each level of a U.S. Navy warship – Division Officer, Department Head (Chief Engineer), Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. While not at sea, I earned what the Navy calls a sub-specialty in finance. This included both education (a master’s degree in finance), and associated financial experience as a Cost Analyst for the Secretary of Defense, and Chief Financial Officer of the Shipyard in Pearl Harbor. After retiring from the Navy I worked as an investment stockbroker for Merrill Lynch, before becoming an educator.
I teach accounting, business ethics, economics, and finance courses at California Miramar University at all three levels of college education. I have also taught approximately 20 different types of finance courses at National University over the past 15 years, including investments, financial planning, banking, corporate finance, financial institutions, and international finance. This experience includes the development of online course for both universities, and I have extensive experience teaching in an online environment.
I grew up in San Leandro, California, the son of a police officer and an accountant. I was very active in sports, where I earned varsity letters in as many sports as I could qualify; football, basketball, golf, and tennis. I also played college basketball. I am an NJROTC high school instructor by day, and a university professor at night. My hobbies include family activities, reading, playing sports, attending church, and traveling. I am married to the former Ms. Nicaragua, Martha C. Moller and we reside in San Juan Capistrano. I have a daughter who graduated from UCLA with a degree in International Economics, and who now works as a VP at the Children’s Museum in San Diego. I also have an older brother who is a Naval Academy graduate and a former Navy pilot.
• M.A. Human Services/Executive Leadership, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, 2011
• B.S. Multidisciplinary, Business and Religion, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
Carol’s love for other cultures and traveling began back in high school, when she had the opportunity to be an exchange student to Panama. In her early career, she worked in the travel industry dealing with corporate travelers. She established two corporate travel departments including writing travel policy and procedures.
In 2002, Carol went to Beijing, China to teach English. There, she discovered a new passion in teaching. She went on to teach English in Germany, Poland, and South Korea. After returning to the states, she continued to teach English and tutor young English Language Learners. Later she joined a small local university’s admissions department.
Carol joined CMU in June 2015 as the international program coordinator. As the university’s international population grew under her direction, CMU hosted its first International Festival in November 2017. One student summed up best CMU’s diverse international population “going to class was like being at the UN.” She believes the diverse student body gives students the opportunity to broaden their views and expand their knowledge through other cultures.
• Ph.D., University of Florida Gainesville, 2000
• MBA, Rady School of Management UCSD, San Diego, 2018
• MSc., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay India, 1994
• M.Phil., Columbia University New York, 1997
Finance & Economics
Angel & Venture Capital Finance for Startups
My educational and intellectual interests and expertise covers a wide array of disciplines from natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. For the past 20 years, I have worked in biotech, pharma, CRO’s, and medical devices and have over 25 issued patents and numerous publications. I have a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics and an MBA in Finance & Project Management. My interest lies in finance, accounting, project management, and technology. I have started up a few companies and am interested in helping startups grow and raise capital.
• PhD Engineering Physics
• MBA Business Administration, Concentration in Management and Economics
• MSc Mechanical Engineering, Concentration in Thermo-Dynamics of Energy Systems
• Assistant Professor at University of Technology, Aachen
• Two-Year Management Trainee Program at Unilever, N.V.
• As Industry adviser and educator, Dr. Schlueter has been an early adopter of new technology trends. During this digital age, he works closely with leading contenders of digital transformation and Industry 4.0 principles.
• Dr. Schlueter developed an affinity for combining natural and social sciences to create transparent views of otherwise complex and conflict-burdened phenomena.
• He carries his dualistic and cross-disciplinary strategies into his classroom, where he illustrates for his students the dynamics in national and business economics.
• He developed strong expertise in managerial economics, project management and related disciplines.
• Educator, affecting the careers of 3,500 mid-career adults and college students
• DBA Committee Member Supervising in excess of 25 doctoral dissertations
• Committee Chair, International Technology Transfer
• Vice President, Business Development, Knowledge-Based Process Automation
• Vice Chair, Raising employee motivation and the organization’s employee retention rates
• Business Consulting, Industrial Process Automation
• Director, Technology and Business Development, Nano-Structured Materials
• Business and Project Development achieving Internal Rates of Return in excess of 500%
• Loyola Marymount University, Masters, Education, 2019
• John Marshall Law School, JD, 1996
• University of Illinois, Chicago, B.A. History, 1989
Dave Sered has been an Adjunct Professor and worked in the corporate world for over twenty years. He served in a variety of regulatory and legal positions in the communications industry which included Sprint, MCI and Comcast. At Comcast, he served as the Government Relations Director for ten years where he worked with cities and counties to negotiate cable franchise agreements while working closely with mayors, city councilors and county commissioners. He has also worked with elected officials at the state and federal level.
He was born and raised in Chicago and has lived in Atlanta, Colorado and Los Angeles. Recently, he had a career transition and became a full-time Educator and teaches History to Secondary Education students. He recently completed a Masters in Education from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles as he has been a full-time educator for the last 5 years. He enjoys walks on the beach, following his home-town Chicago teams and reading historical fiction. He moved to San Diego in the summer of 2019.
• Master of Arts in Creative Writing, St Anne’s College, University of Oxford, 2016
• Master of Arts, Comparative Literature, Goldsmiths College, University of London, 2010
• Bachelor of Arts, Theater Studies and English, Bristol University of the West of England, 2009
English and American Literature
Christopher Viner is an author and a lecturer. His latest book is Brief Tenancies (J New Books, 2021). He graduated from Goldsmiths, University of London and St Anne’s college, University of Oxford. He is the author of Lemniscate (nominated for a Pushcart Award in 2017) and has been published widely in magazines, including The London Magazine and Colorado Review. In particular, he has an interest in modernist poetry and the development of confessionalism. He won the F H Pasby prize for his writing in 2015. He is poetry editor of The Twin Bill, a literary magazine based in New York. His website is chrisviner.com.
• Ph,D. Organizational Leadership, Alliant International University, 1975
• MBA, Finance/Economics, Alliant International University, 1973
• BSE, Industrial Engineering, California Polytechnic University, 1970
Dr. Bijan Zayer is currently the Dean of Business School at California Miramar University. Internationally-known professor, businessman, executive coach, consultant, and author who specialize in implementation of High-Performance Management organizational / individual excellence, and effective executive leadership. Distinguished Professor for over 20 years teaching Management & Leadership courses including finance, accounting, economics, ethics, organizational behavior, organizational change at USD/DeVry University / Keller Graduate School of Management. Previously chairman of the international leadership & management department at Landegg International University, Switzerland and adjunct faculty of Chapman University. Author of three books, 42 research articles, contributing editor to numerous professional journals and magazines, latest book in Organizational Ethics to be published in 2019. Financial Manager responsible for administration of major revenue and tax programs; enhanced revenue, recommended changes to current laws and regulations for the City of San Diego. Consultant relationship include, among others, Royal Dutch Shell Corporation; Home Federal Savings: Heineken Beer; Kelco, a Division of Merk and Co.; Fokker Aircraft; IBM; Solar Turbine; Bank of America; Ralston; IVAC, Division of Eli Lilly; Dora Pharmaceutical; General Dynamics; Megatek, Division of United Telecom; Great American Saving; Armorlite.
Entrepreneur in laboratory instrument manufacturing, real estate development and private school business. Member of several Board of Directors including major multinational firms. International activities include lecturing in Holland, England, Denmark, Brazil, France, Switzerland, Spain, Iran, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Russia. “Everything I do is designed to help executives ‘make it work”.