Although tuition at CMU is affordable some students may view their tuition payments as obstacles to obtaining their degree. Financial Aid assistance is now available to those students who qualify and need help with tuition costs. Even if you feel you may not qualify for financial aid due to your income or other reason, you might be surprised at what you may be eligible for. Financial Aid eligibility is determined by many different factors, not just your income.
A financial aid package is intended to help fill the gap between your cost of attendance and you're your ability to pay (your EFC - Expected Family Contribution) and can include a combination of grants and loans offered by the Federal Government. There are subsidized, unsubsidized and Perkins loans. Grants are awarded based on your need and do not need to be repaid and loans are based on grade level and must be repaid. You can find basic loan eligibility criteria and award amounts at http://www.studentaid.ed.gov.
A member of California Miramar University's financial aid staff is available to discuss your eligibility, financial aid options and will be available to assist you in every step of the application process. You may contact the department by phone (858) 653-3000, ext. 12 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. CMU knows that communication is vital in determining the best tuition payment plan for you and also offers tuition payments for those students who wish to pay their tuition without assistance.
If you would like to see what you might be eligible to receive in grants or loans please complete the FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. In order to complete and sign the application electronically on the FAFSA website you will need a pin number. You are encouraged to apply for one before you complete the FAFSA at www.pin.ed.gov or you will also be prompted to apply for one at the end of FAFSA application process. You will then need to go back to the website and submit your signature via your pin. You will need the following information to complete the FAFSA:
- You're most recent year's tax return information for yourself and your spouse if applicable.
- California Miramar University's school code (04189700).
- Male students ages 18- 26 are required to register with the selective service if you are not already. Please go to https://www.sss.gov/regver/wfverification.aspx to register or verify your previous registration.
Once your FAFSA is signed and submitted a tentative award letter with amounts you may be eligible to receive along with disbursement dates will be sent to you. Please note that this is not a guarantee of financial aid funds as you will need to complete and submit additional documentation to the financial aid department at CMU. In order to receive any student loans or grants you will need to be enrolled in classes more than half time and will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress to keep any funding applied to your tuition. Not all California Miramar University degree programs are eligible to receive federal financial aid, please contact the CMU financial aid office for approved programs.
Entrance Counseling Requirement
Completing the Entrance Counseling is required before any financial aid funding can be applied to your tuition. In order to complete the entrance counseling electronically at the website (www.studentloans.gov) you will need to have applied for and activated your federal pin number (www.pin.ed.gov). The financial aid department is available to assist you. Simply call 858-653-3000, ext 12.
Financial Aid Calculator
In an effort to assist families to gauge what aid the student may be awarded and make arrangements to cover the cost of attendance, CMU is pleased to provide this student aid calculator as a guide to assist in early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal and institutional aid eligibility. Visit the link below for more information or simply call or email our financial aid office and we will be happy to help.NetPriceCalculator
- Established in 2006 when President Bush signed Public Law 108-447 designating September 17th as Constitution Day.
- Constitution Day became the goal of Louise Leigh (former Outreach Director for the California Bicentennial Commission) after she "realized how little most Americans knew about the Constitution."
- In her words:
- "It is the most unique government document in the history of mankind. It guarantees our freedom. It is unique in that the government doesn't tell us what to do, we tell the government what to do."
- "I looked for Constitution Day on calendars, but it was not there."
- In 1997, she founded an organization and movement to organize Constitution Day celebrations throughout the country with school children, the military, and representatives from every state reciting the preamble simultaneously on September 17th.
To learn more about Constitution Day click here.
California Miramar works diligently to keep students and campus members safe. We have been fortunate to have a largely crime-free campus for many years (see statistics below), and we promote safety through the following measures:
- Security code validation entrance.
- Daytime and evening sign in sheet.
- Librarian assigned to daily security check and lock up during evening classes.
REPORTING A CRIME
We strongly encourage you to report possible security problems or incidents. We also require that all restraining orders in effect be reported. This allows us to maintain and increase safety on campus.
Please report incidents to a member of our staff (858)653-3000 Ext. 12
CAMPUS SECURITY ACT REPORT
The Federal Campus Security Act of 1990 requires all colleges and universities receiving federal funds to provide annual statistics on several categories of crime. A recap of that report follows:
|Motor Vehicle Theft||0||0|
|Liquor Law Violations||0||0|