California Miramar University offers a 21st century high quality global education, through an online and hybrid student centered interactive learning environment accomplished by employing a technology driven delivery modality, highly educated practitioner faculty and professional staff to meet the students’ educational and professional objectives.
Creation of real and sustainable “Value” for our graduates!
The Vision of the University is to adhere to the highest expectations of education and industry, to prepare students for their personal and professional goals. Each program is intended to help students in their career advancement in five key areas, which encompass the entire learning environment. These five key areas are:
Empowerment through Knowledge,
Communication Skills towards superb teamwork,
Technical Skills in line with the future of the workplace,
Social and Ethical Skills in line with authentic subjectivity, and
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills to add value in life and the workplace.
Each Department within the University will focus on their objectives that supports the Mission and the Vision of the University.
The University’s Vision for the next 3 years is to obtain and retain accreditation, by offering a Quality Interactive Learning Environment that increases student engagement and enrollment, elevates the institutions financial strength and stability resulting in growth as defined in our Mission Statement, Organizational Goal, and Operational Objectives. The Organizational Goal and Operational Objectives are as follows:
Sustain Academic Quality and grow student enrollment at a healthy rate each year.
Financial: Increase enrollment and adjust tuition each year for the next 3 years.
Marketing: Advance the University’s Social Media presence to increase admissions from across the world into all programs.
Academic: Continuously improve educational quality and recruit expert faculty to match the University’s growth.
Development of Educational Offerings: Continuously improve the educational quality for each program and recruit expert faculty to match the University’s growth. Evaluate input from the Program Advisory Councils and the Academic Council to, improve existing, and initiate new, educational offerings.
The University pledges to operate ethically and professionally, while maintaining the highest academic integrity and respect for each student. CMU further pledges the institutions goal to build competencies and analytical abilities in areas critical to all students’ and alumni’s success.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE VALUE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
The University recognizes that participation in physical education, intercollegiate athletics and campus sponsored recreational activities encourages the development of positive values and provides opportunities for social growth and development.
Furthermore, such experiences provide students with specific knowledge in the areas of physical fitness, body awareness, skill acquisition and nutrition. Participation in these activities also sets the stage for adoption of a healthy lifestyle and optimal health in life after college.
CMU INSTITUTION LEARNING OUTCOMES
California Miramar University Institutional Learning Outcomes. CMU has five broad Institutional Learning Outcomes with distinct characteristics:
- Professional Effective Communication. Students will generate and develop capabilities for creative expression and effective communication in written and oral communication by composing papers and speaking in an academic language with emphasis on the APA standard.
- Information and Technology Literacy. Students will develop skills to effectively search for, critically evaluate, utilize relevant information, and conduct research to produce business decisions while demonstrating technological literacy.
- Personal and Professional Development. Students will develop skills that aid in lifelong personal growth and success in the workplace.
- Creative, Critical and Analytical Thinking. Students will develop critical and analytical thinking abilities, cultivate creative faculties that lead to innovative ideas, and employ pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Cultural Literacy and Social Responsibility. Students will be prepared to engage in a global world while exhibiting a broad sense of diversity, cultural awareness, social and ethical responsibility and stewardship.