California Miramar University offers a 21st century high quality global education, through an online and hybrid student centered interactive learning environment accomplished by employing a technology driven delivery modality, highly educated practitioner faculty and professional staff to meet the students’ educational and professional objectives.
The Vision of the University is to adhere to the highest expectations of education and industry, to prepare students for their personal and professional goals. Each program is intended to help students in their career advancement in five key areas, which encompass the entire learning environment. These five key areas are: 1) Knowledge, 2) Communication Skills, 3) Technical Skills, 4) Social and Ethical Skills, and 5) Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills.
Each Department within the University will focus on their objectives that supports the Mission and the Vision of the University.
The University’s Vision for the next 3 years is to obtain and retain accreditation, by offering a Quality Interactive Learning Environment that increases student engagement and enrollment, elevates the institutions financial strength and stability resulting in growth as defined in our Mission Statement, Organizational Goal, and Operational Objectives. The Organizational Goal and Operational Objectives are as follows:
Sustain Academic Quality and grow student enrollment at a healthy rate each year.
Financial: Increase enrollment and adjust tuition each year for the next 3 years.
Marketing: Advance the University’s Social Media presence to increase admissions from across the world into all programs.
Academic: Continuously improve educational quality and recruit expert faculty to match the University’s growth.
Development of Educational Offerings: Continuously improve the educational quality for each program and recruit expert faculty to match the University’s growth. Evaluate input from the Program Advisory Councils and the Academic Council to, improve existing, and initiate new, educational offerings.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE VALUE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
The University recognizes that participation in physical education, intercollegiate athletics and campus sponsored recreational activities encourages the development of positive values and provides opportunities for social growth and development.
Furthermore, such experiences provide students with specific knowledge in the areas of physical fitness, body awareness, skill acquisition and nutrition. Participation in these activities also sets the stage for adoption of a healthy lifestyle and optimal health in life after college.
INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
The University has the following Institutional Learning Outcome objectives for all of its programs.
- Knowledge: Students will learn and apply the theory and concepts related to each course/subject matter through practical application.
- Communication Skills: Students will demonstrate their written and oral communication by writing papers and speaking in an academic language.
- Technical skills: Students will use technology and computers for their research, homework assignments, reading and for completing course related practices.
- Social and Ethical skills: Students will learn how to work together in teams and collaborate effectively while practicing various roles and their social, ethical responsibilities.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills: Students will apply critical thinking and problem solving techniques in each subject matter.