California Miramar University offers a 21st century high quality global education, through a student centered enriched learning environment accomplished by employing a technology driven delivery modality, highly educated practitioner faculty and professional staff to meet our students’ educational and/or professional objectives.
The University pledges to operate ethically and professionally, while maintaining the highest academic integrity and respect for each student. We further pledge our goal to build competencies and analytical abilities in areas critical to our students’ and alumni’s success.
The University’s goal is to offer high quality programs and educational services to self disciplined, motivated students who can integrate their professional backgrounds with academic experience preparing them for demands and opportunities in today’s rapidly changing global environment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE VALUE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
The University recognizes that participation in physical education, intercollegiate athletics and campus sponsored recreational activities encourages the development of positive values and provides opportunities for social growth and development.
Furthermore, such experiences provide students with specific knowledge in the areas of physical fitness, body awareness, skill acquisition and nutrition. Participation in these activities also sets the stage for adoption of a healthy lifestyle and optimal health in life after college.
INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
The University has the following Institutional Learning Outcome objectives for all of its programs.
- Knowledge: Students will learn and apply the theory and concepts related to each course/subject matter through practical application.
- Communication Skills: Students will demonstrate their written and oral communication by writing papers and speaking in an academic language.
- Technical skills: Students will use technology and computers for their research, homework assignments, reading and for completing course related practices.
- Social and Ethical skills: Students will learn how to work together in teams and collaborate effectively while practicing various roles and their social, ethical responsibilities.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills: Students will apply critical thinking and problem solving techniques in each subject matter.