Students get the chance to:
- Learn English
- Meet Diverse Students From Around the World
- Explore Business and Science Opportunities
- Build a Strong Career
- Experience American Culture
- Go on Fun Field Trips in San Diego
- Free time to travel
California Miramar University’s ESL program is based on the communicative approach to language learning.
- Each course focuses on grammar, writing, speaking, listening, reading, and vocabulary.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in 3 levels with each level lasting 8 weeks.
- Before the start of the program, the student’s English will be assessed and based on the results, the student will be placed into the course that best suits his or her individual needs.
Level 1 – Elementary – Monday thru Friday
Level 2 – Intermediate – Monday thru Friday
Level 3 – Advanced – Monday thru Friday
Classes for each level include areas of reading, grammar, speaking, listening, and vocabulary. Course work includes relevant news stories, videos, and weekly field trips. Each class is divided into 4 hours of lecture and 1 hour of lab daily.
- Student must be at least 18 years old
- Submit an application, copy of passport, bank statement
- Pay fees
Fees can be paid by debit/credit card or through PayPal. Upon arrival, all students will be assessed for class placement.
California Miramar does not have dormitories. Students are responsible for their housing, however, CMU will assist in finding housing.
ESL Course Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Document of Attendance for the level and 12.5 Semester Credit Units.